Dayton-based energy efficiency company is currently seeking a high-level professional Project Manager for the following responsibilities:
The project manager is the one ultimately responsible for the final quality of a project, ensuring that it’s delivered on time and to the client’s satisfaction. For this reason, project management is more of a leadership role, one that frequently involves trusting others with the completion of specific parts or stages of a plan or process.
- Plan, initiate and oversee the execution of a project, often working with multiple internal teams, contractors, and clients
- Determine what resources, processes, and other materials will be necessary to complete the project in the desired timeline, drawing up plans for every phase of execution
- Delegating tasks or significant portions of the project to coordinators or teams of employees in order to be able to maintain a broad overall view of the entire project throughout
- Primarily responsible for the planning that occurs before a project is started
- Identifying and breaking down the main parts of a process in order to organize the project into stages with realistic timelines, as well as accurately estimating the work hours and other resources each major project stage will require
- Assess risk, resource allocation, and budgeting
- Maintain a clear and accurate picture of all simultaneous and overlapping parts of the process
- Regularly checking in with multiple teams and departments as well as reviewing work following the completion of each stage
- HVAC knowledge/experience preferred.
- An electrical license is preferred.
- Responsibilities may include travel to job sites for the diagnosis of lighting systems and replacement of defective lighting components, electrical troubleshooting, and maintenance in the field.
- Replace lighting components and light fixtures, as needed
- Use ladders, lift and aerial equipment
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds, be comfortable with heights and able to stand for a long period of time.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. A strong background in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word is crucial to daily tasks. Ability to communicate effectively by email, phone and text is a must.
The work schedule will be 45+ hours a week and could include overnight travel. US Citizenship; company policy does not support student visa or corporate sponsorships.